One of the aims of the ICME congresses is to have a balanced representation from all over the world among the presenters as well as among the general participants. In order to achieve this goal ICMI has instigated a general policy of forming a solidarity fund established by setting aside 10% of the registration fees for grants. These grants assist delegates from non-affluent countries to attend the ICMEs.
An autonomous and anonymous Grants Committee, appointed by the ICMI Executive Committee, will distribute the funds amongst the successful applicants. Priority will be given to applicants from non-affluent countries who contribute to the scientific program and to participants who are expected to be the only representative from their part of the world.
Grants will be given as partial support to registration fee, accommodation, meals and/or travel costs. All potential applicants are advised to apply for funding from other sources as well
Application for an ICME-11 grant
Participants who consider themselves eligible for an ICME-11 grant are encouraged to send a grant application to the Grants Committee, if access to the Internet is available.
Applications should be sent as soon as possible and so that they are received no later than February 15, 2008.
To apply for an ICME Grant you should complete the following steps
- If you not have a user account, create one by filling the required information through the corresponding link named Program contributors: login/create account.
Note: If you submitted a proposal, you already have an account.
- Complete the registration process by following the link that will be sent to you by e-mail.
- Login to your (new?) account
- Go to the top menu that appears after login-in, and click on the "Create Content" link
- Click the link "Looking for a grant?"
- Fill the required form information
- Preview your application and submit it when you are satisfied
If you are unable to submit your application on line, please send it by postal mail to:
Sociedad Matemática Mexicana
ICME Congress Secretariat/Grants Committee
Av. Cipreses s/n
Km. 23.5 Carretera Federal México-Cuernavaca
San Andrés Totoltepec, Tlalpan
14400 México, D.F.
Applications should include the following information in no more than 500 words:
- Personal and professional information
- Description of the applicant’s intended contribution to ICME-11
- Possible dissemination of the congress outcomes in his/her country/local environment
- Financial assistance anticipated from other sources and an estimate of possible own payment.
Applicants will be informed of the Grants Committee’s decision as soon as possible and no later than March 1, 2008.